The new landscape of global privacy laws such as GDPR and CCPA has changed the way organizations must discover personal information. It’s no longer sufficient to know what data you have, but you must understand whose data you have, where it resides, and how it is used. As a result, traditional approaches to data discovery and classification are no longer sufficient, and new strategies for ensuring and operationalizing compliance are required.
This guide examines the current and emerging landscape for privacy-centric data discovery and presents key criteria for choosing an identity-aware data discovery solution that can also automate privacy operations like the right to access, delete or correct an individual’s data.
- Key criteria for choosing a data discovery tool for privacy
- How to understand and account for both PII and PI
no matter which platforms store and process and the data
- A scaleable approach to data intelligence and data management
- How regulations like GDPR and CCPA should factor into your evaluation
- How to operationalize data subject access requests
- And more